Terms & Conditions
Access to this web site (the "Web Site") is subject to and in accordance with the following terms and conditions. Please read these terms and conditions carefully before using this site.
These terms and conditions are between ("we/us/our") and you (on behalf of yourself and/or the company, member, or supplier for which you have registered) the user of this Web Site ("you").
On accessing the Web Site on this occasion and on each subsequent occasion you will be deemed to have accepted all of the terms and conditions that apply to its use and to the facilities, services and information provided by it. We reserve the right to alter these terms and conditions at any time and it is your obligation to check if changes have been made. Your use of the Web Site after changes are posted on-line will constitute acceptance of the new terms and conditions.
Please note any alterations to bookings will be subject to a £10.00 administration fee.
Booking Terms & Conditions
A deposit of £60.00 per week is payable to reserve your booking and the balance must be paid at least 21 days before arrival date. The payment of any monies to us constitutes a legally binding contract and an acceptance of the booking conditions. Please note any alterations to bookings will be subject to a £10.00 administration fee.
The person making the booking accepts the contract on behalf of all members of your party and is responsible for making sure they accept the contract. You remain the lead guest and contact point for the booking; you must attend the holiday booked. We will only discuss details of the booking with you, the lead guest. The lead guest is responsible for the booking and must be 21 years of age or older.
We have the right to refuse your booking or not to issue keys on arrival to any persons or groups at our discretion.
Guests with disabilities
If you have any question or specific requirements regarding the park or accommodation, please speak to the park directly before you book. All requirements must be confirmed in writing or email and subject to availability.
Arrival & departure Reception- less check in and check out
If you or any family member is experiencing COVID symptoms you MUST not visit Beachside Holiday Park in line with government guidelines.
Arrival times will be staggered, confirmation of your check in time will be confirmed with one of our Reception team via email, 4 days prior to your arrival.
You will need to vacate your accommodation by 10am on the day of your departure. If for any reason you decide to leave before your holiday end date, we are unable to offer you a refund.
You must contact our Reception team, 7 days prior to your arrival, to go through your check in, confirm details on your booking and take your pre authorised holding deposit (£60.00) via credit/debit card (no cash), this will be held for the duration of your stay subject to the accommodation being left in a clean and tidy manner, the key(s), barrier fob (s) and linen, duvets stripped and bagged into bags supplied and there being no incidence of anti-social behaviour during your stay.
We ask any party to pay a deposit against damage unless you provide evidence to our satisfaction that you are all couples (married or in a civil partnership) or all members of the same family. The deposit will be £50.00 cash per member of the group. Failure to inform us may result in termination of your booking.
If you think you may be arriving after 6pm on the day of your arrival, please let the park know so that we can make arrangements for you to collect your keys.
Check out on your day of departure is no later than 10am. We ask that during dry weather, you leave all windows and doors open (if raining or windy, please leave windows on a catch) this is following government guidelines and to create ventilation.
- All Beds must be stripped. All bed linen and duvets must be placed in linen/clear bag provided.
- All rubbish must be tied in bin liner and taken to large bins before departure.
- Keys must be returned to a box provided outside of Reception for sanitising.
Failure to do any of the above will result in loss of holding deposit.
Once you have vacated your accommodation and are ready to depart our park, please call Reception on 01278 751346 to advise you have left.
All our guests have a role to play in ensuring the Holiday Park is and remains COVID secure.
The lead name on the booking confirmation is responsible to ensure all guests in your booking follow all of our rules.
- We ask guests with children to NOT allow them to roam unsupervised around the park so that they do not, albeit inadvertently, break the 2m rule.
- Children using the play area must be supervised by an adult at all times and are the responsibility of their parent/s. We encourage all children using the play area to sanitise their hands on entry and exit of the play area..
- DO NOT invite or entertain visitors, visitors will not be permitted to access the park, please do not meet or gather with friends in a social group.
- social distancing of 2 metres, to be maintained at all times with other owners, park team members and all visitors to the park.
- we cannot accept any deliveries/mail, this is to include food deliveries
- We suggest that you bring any essential shopping items with you for your stay; this may include items such as soap, hand gel, gloves, toilet roll, disinfectant, hand sanitiser. Food deliveries to the park will not be permitted.
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water for 20 seconds.
- Always use the sanitisation points when entering and leaving facilities.
- Social distance (2m) with other guests and our team members at all times.
- Comply with all signage and floor marking instructions.
- Listen to our team members instructions.
If you or any of your family experience COVID symptoms then contact us on 01278 751346 immediately. Do not leave your accommodation and wait for instructions. During after hours select option 5
Comments & problems
If you feel dissatisfied with any aspect of your stay with us (excluding weather), please speak to a member of staff immediately. In most cases we will be able to help you straight away, so that you can enjoy the rest of your holiday. Please note that if you do not bring your complaint to the attention of staff on duty at the time of the incident or problem occurring and ensure that it has been recorded; we may not be able to find the evidence necessary to support a complaint which is made later.
If you report a problem on your first day which we cannot resolve to your reasonable satisfaction and you choose to leave, we will give you a full refund of the cost of your holiday. If you report a problem on any day which we cannot resolve to your reasonable satisfaction and you choose to leave, we will give you a refund for that day and the other unused days.
If you leave without reporting the problem to us then we will only refund you if the law requires us to do so. Your statutory rights are not affected.
Use of your holiday home
- It is illegal to smoke inside enclosed public buildings in England.
- There's no smoking of vaporisers, e-cigarettes and tobacco in any of our accommodation, and we do our best to make sure guests do not smoke in these areas.
- We have a zero-tolerance policy on drugs, firearms and offensive weapons. If you take illegal drugs or any other illegal substance or are in possession of a firearm or offensive weapon, we will ask you to leave the park, without refund. If there is a problem with your accommodation on arrival (e.g. condition and cleanliness), please inform reception immediately so they can help rectify the problem.
- Do not introduce any foreign items into the drainage system including cleaning cloths, baby’s nappies, sanitary towels, wet wipes, condoms, cooking fat, engine oil, grease or paint.
- Your holiday environment – It is advisable to acquaint yourselves with your holiday environment as soon as you arrive. Walking over grassy and often undulating ground or through wooded parkland may also be unfamiliar, and contain aspects of wildlife such as rabbit holes. Local Authority planning constraints that help to preserve the rural nature of the park, also limit the amount of street lighting that can be provided at some locations for the same reason. Street lighting directly around accommodation is kept to a low level to assist children to sleep at night. Our park is set in a rural location, please be aware that some little insects may find their way into your accommodation.
- Nuisance to others in the park – We reserve the right to immediately terminate the booking of any parties causing excessive noise or nuisance to others on the park. We operate a zero tolerance policy to any anti-social behaviour. No refunds will be given if you are asked to leave the park and your bond will not be returned. Please respect others around you especially in the evening.
- Digging in the park – Digging in the park is very dangerous as there are underground electricity cables, telephone wires and plastic water pipes. Parents are particularly asked to make sure that children do not dig around the park.
- Electrical appliances – Electrical Appliances exceeding one K/Watt must not be used in the holiday homes. For example an iron, kettle hair dryers and hair straighteners must be used on a low heat.
- Car owners – As we are on sand dunes car owners must park their cars on the designated car parks with the exception of loading and unloading. Cost of accommodation includes parking for one vehicle per unit. Extra vehicles are charged at £10.00 per week and must be parked in large car park located at the top of the park.
- Lost property – If any belongings are left behind and a request is made to send them on a minimum fee of £12.00 is charged plus postage and packaging. Lost property not claimed within 14 days after your departure date will be disposed of. Please insure you check you accommodation thoroughly before you vacate.
We permit the use of BBQs with caution. Hot coals may not be disposed of in the refuse bins. Please dispose of any coals/disposable BBQ’s properly and make sure they are completely extinguished.
- BBQs must be a safe distance from Caravans.
- BBQs should not be used on any surface that could pose a risk of fire or scorching such as decking, grass or furniture.
- BBQs should not be used indoors. Please be considerate of other guests.
- A fully charged water or dry powder fire extinguisher/ fire blanket can be found in your accommodation.
- BBQs must not be left unattended and extinguish them properly after use. You must not use any Chinese lanterns, fireworks or similar.
- Driving on the park is restricted to the park roads. Please do not drive on the grass or gaps between caravans for short cuts.
- Seat belts must be worn.
- You must drive all vehicles on the park carefully and within the displayed speed limit which is 8 miles per hour.
- You must hold a full current driving licence to drive any vehicle on the park.
- You are not permitted to give anyone driving lessons at the park and we do not permit learner drivers to drive on the park.
- Please ensure children take care when crossing the road.
- It is an offence to drive any vehicles under the influence of alcohol and drugs. All roads in the park are subject to the same laws as public highways.
- One car per Holiday Home to be parked in the allocated parking areas (large car park found at the top of our park) and NOT on the grass. Cars must be kept to authorised parking areas and roads must not be obstructed. Extra vehicles are charged at £10.00 per week and must be parked in large car park located at the top of the park.
- You may only play ball and other games in the areas set aside for recreation (large field at the top of our park, observing social distancing) Ball games are NOT permitted around caravans.
- Dogs are permitted in your accommodation if this has been requested and paid for at the time of your holiday booking.
- A maximum of 2 dogs per unit.
- The cost will be £10.00 per night for 1 dog or £15.00 per night for 2 dogs.
- Whilst pets are allowed in our caravan holiday homes, they are NOT allowed in the bedrooms or on the seating, and MUST NOT be left unattended at any time during your stay.
- They must wear a collar and identity tag. They must be kept on a short lead at all times within the park but then can run free within the sand dunes and on the beach.
- Please clean up if your animal defecates on the park.
- If a pet is a nuisance you will be asked to remove it from the park.
- When walking your dog please observe social distance of 2 metres at all times.
- We do NOT permit gazebos, tents, or similar items beside holiday homes or anywhere on the park.
BehaviourWe reserve the right to cancel any booking that we reasonably believe breaches our terms and conditions of booking.
- We reserve the right to immediately terminate the booking of any parties causing excessive noise or nuisance to others on the park. We operate a zero tolerance policy to any anti- social behaviour. No refunds will be given if you are asked to leave the park and your bond will not be returned. Please respect others around you especially in the evening.
- You should respect the privacy of other self-catering guests and keep noise to a minimum after the hours of 11.00 p.m. and before 8.00 a.m.
Cancellation by the Park
- We may cancel this contract if we are unable to meet your booking for any reason outside our control. An example would be extreme weather or pandemic closing the park
- If we do cancel the contract then we will refund any payment made to you in full and final settlement of any liability on our part.
Cancellation by you
You may cancel this booking at any time but we shall only be liable to refund you the following percentages of the total holiday price, including extras:
- Cancellation more than 90 days before first day of arrival date you will receive 100% less £25.00 administration fee.
- Cancellation more than 60 days before first day of arrival date you will receive 50% less £25.00 administration fee.
- Cancellation more than 30 days before first day of arrival date you will receive 25% less £25.00 administration fee.
- Cancellation between 7 days and 30 days before first day of arrival date you will receive 15% less £25.00 administration fee.
- Cancellation 7 days or less you will receive no refund will be given.
Changes to your booking
- We may transfer your booking to an equivalent class of holiday home if we reasonably consider this necessary, for example because the particular home you have booked has become unavailable.
The Parks liability
- The Park is only liable for any injury loss or damage suffered by you or any member of your party whilst on the park if this is caused by our negligence or other breach of duty.
We hope that your stay with us is a pleasant one.
If not, we’d like to know.
If you feel anything needs our attention please contact us at our reception immediately
Beachside Holiday Park, Coast Road, Brean, Somerset, TA8 2QZ.
Email:email@example.com Tel:01278 751346
By placing a reservation with Beachside Holiday Park you are deemed to have accepted our terms and conditions issued with this welcome pack and confirmation.
Our terms and conditions can also be found on our website www.beachsideholidaypark.co.uk.
Guests are kindly asked to refrain from entering areas marked
‘DO NOT ENTER’ & ‘PRIVATE’
Although every care is taken in managing the various facilities Beachside Holiday Park cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage arising from any misadventure.
- Parents and guardians are responsible for the supervision of their children at all times. By placing a reservation with Beachside Holiday Park you are taking full responsibility for your own safety.
- In the unlikely event of any problems in your caravan holiday home during your stay, complaints/problems made after your departure cannot be dealt with or rectified.
We look forward to welcoming you to Beachside Holiday Park, and wish you a happy but safe stay
Q: If I am unable to travel, am I entitled to compensation?
A: You won't be entitled to any compensation, as the reason for the holiday not continuing is outside the control of Beachside Holiday Park.
Q: What if I decide I don't want to travel?
A: If the FCO advice has NOT changed and holidays are operating as normal, your holiday will be subject to normal booking conditions and cancellation charges will apply. (Please see Cancellations)
Terms and Conditions of this web site
Content of the web site
This Web Site, and any content contained on it, is for information purposes only. We do not warrant that any information contained in this web site is accurate, up to date or complete.
We do not accept any liability arising from any inaccuracy or omission in any of the information on this Web Site or any liability in respect of information on this Web Site supplied by you, any other user or any other person.
Registration and information submitted by you
In the event that it is necessary for you to register in order to view certain parts of this Web Site, you are obliged to provide accurate and complete registration information.
We reserve the right (and you hereby consent) to:
- delete any information submitted by you from our databases and/or records; and
- block any information submitted by you which contains viruses or other potentially damaging material to the Web Site, our system, users of the Web Site or our employees.
You acknowledge that all trade marks, names and logos on the Web Site are the proprietary marks of us. To the extent that there are marks identifying third parties, these are owned or licence by those third parties and nothing in these terms and conditions in any way confers on you any licence or right under any trade marks, name or logos.
All rights, including copyright, in the content of this Web Site and in the photographs, diagrams or any other illustrations of our products displayed on it are owned or controlled by us.
You may not, without the prior written consent of us:
- copy, reproduce, modify, republish, adapt, alter or in any way commercially exploit any of the content of this Web Site
- redistribute any of the content of this Web Site
- remove the copyright or trade mark notice(s) from any copies of content made in accordance with these terms and conditions
For the avoidance of doubt "" is a trade mark of us. It may not be used in connection with any product or service that is not ours, or in any manner that is likely to cause confusion to other persons, or in any manner that disparages or discredits us.
You acknowledge and agree to be bound by the terms our privacy statement.
Links to web sites outside the control of us
This Web Site may contain links to other web sites, which are outside our control. We are not responsible for these third party web sites, or for their content. We are providing the link for your convenience and are not endorsing the third party's web site, products or services in any way. Using automatic links to gain access to such sites is entirely at your own risk.
We take all steps that we consider in our sole discretion necessary in order to provide you with a reliable service. We exclude, however, to the fullest extent permitted by law, any liability for the security or availability of the services on the Web Site or for any disruption of our web site however caused.
We provide the Web Site on an "as is" basis and make no warranties or representations of any kind as to the Web Site or its content. We make no representations or warranties about the accuracy, completeness or suitability for any purpose of the content published on the Web Site. Any liability, however it occurs, for any such inaccuracies or errors is expressly excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
You agree to indemnify and hold us and any of our officers, employees and agents harmless from and against all and any expenses, losses, liabilities, damages, costs or expenses incurred or suffered and any claims or legal proceedings which are brought or threatened, in each case arising from your use of, or conduct on, the Web Site and/or a breach of these terms and conditions.
We may terminate the provision of the Web Site or restrict your access to it without any prior notice to you.
Unless otherwise expressly stated in these terms and conditions, all notices from you to us must be in writing and sent to our contact address at:
Beachside Holiday Park, Coast Road, Brean, Somerset, TA8 2QZ.
All notices from us to you will be displayed on the Web Site from time to time.
If any part of these terms and conditions is unenforceable (including any provision in which we exclude our liability to you) the enforceability of any other part of these conditions will not be affected.
Third Party Rights
A person who is not a party to these terms and conditions has no right under the UK Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of this agreement but this does not affect any right or remedy of a third party that exists or is available apart from that Act.
These terms and conditions are governed by and will be interpreted in accordance with English law and the English courts will have exclusive jurisdiction to resolve any disputes between us.